Monday, May 11, 2009


The Martian Manhater : redesigned

Actually, she's not redesigned at all. MM was pretty much right where I wanted her from the start. I just need to do more drawings of her.

Her full name is J'izz J'onzon, the Martian Manhater, and she's obviously a satire of a certain green alien member of the Justice League. I remember the exact moment I thought of her. I had decided that Ultra Fem's team would have 5 main members, and I had come up with several new characters (more about them later), but I didn't have what I really wanted yet.

My thought process was something like this: Each character needs to fill a certain role or stereotype. UF is Superman, Night Mistress is Batman, The Scratch is Wolverine. I've rejected ideas for Shazam and Captain America types, so what else is there? Something that would again be very different from the others. An ALIEN! Four arms and four tits, like from John Carter of Mars! Wait, the JLA already did the green alien thing with the Martian Manhunter... MARTIAN MANHATER!!!!

I was walking across my living room into the kitchen when the name came to me, and I laughed out loud! That's it! She was in!

She doesn't have much of a back-story, but I do have ideas about her first meeting with Ultra Fem. UF invited J'izz to join the team after two of the founding members left. Where she originally came from, nobody knows, but she's certainly NOT from Mars.

Here's a couple more new sketches. J'izz has shape-shifting powers, and you can see on the right where I started to give her stretchy arms. Maybe I'll do that in some future art. With what I've seen in current hentai trends, maybe I should think more along the lines of "goo?"

No comments:

Post a Comment