Tuesday, July 28, 2009

RED PENCILS - I've been using non-photo blue pencil leads for sketching for many years now, which give better dynamic range than graphite, and they're not as messy. BUT, they are "non-photo" blue, which means the scanner has a lot of trouble seeing the lines, and I end up having to do a lot of image correction on my scans. So for a couple of years now, I've been looking for RED leads. I know they make them, but none of the art supply stores I've ever visited had them. They ALL have the blue stuff, but nobody has ever has the red.

I finally gave in and ordered some online a few days ago. They arrived today, and I can't wait to try them out! Meanwhile, I'm still practicing with my Wacom tablet, so it won't be long before I stop using pencils altogether...

No comments:

Post a Comment