Saturday, October 10, 2009

The New Under Girl —
Anyone who remembers the original Ultra Fem discussion groups back in 2005-06 will know that Ultra Fem's sidekick Under Girl is absolutely essential for the series. Can't have Ultra Fem without Under Girl.

They'll also remember how much trouble I had with Under Girl. I've never had a really clear idea of what Under Girl should look like. She's always been kind of generic. Ultra Fem, Night Mistress, The Scratch and Big Girl are all very clear in my mind, and I know exactly what I want when I draw them. Even Batboy and Cattail, the other sidekicks, are very firm for me. But Under Girl has escaped me all this time. When it was UG's turn for a redesign, I didn't know what to do, so she's remained on the shelf.

At FetishCon last August, I met a model named Zeek who had a very young look, and I thought I'd try using her as a starting point. It didn't really work. BUT THEN... while browsing for other stuff a couple of weeks ago, I saw... THIS:

I went, "OH MY GOD!!!! IT'S UNDER GIRL!!!!" I showed these pictures to a friend of mine, and said, "Look! It's Under Girl!" And she said, "Ooo! Yeah!"

I normally don't use photos as a base layer for a drawing, but this girl... Jeez, I don't have to change ANYTHING! I did these tracings to prove my point. SEE?!!

So sorry, Zeek.

No comments:

Post a Comment