Thursday, September 22, 2011

No DC for me —
I'm confused and more than a little pissed off by all the rave reviews I'm seeing for the new DC titles. I haven't read any mainstream comics at all for years now, and when I occasionally pick one up, I see nothing that makes me want to. I've seen the covers for all the new DC first issues, and they are, without exception, uninspiring. Most of them look like FAN ART, for fuck sake! Downright amateurish! Seriously, did they just trawl DeviantArt for these covers?

The whole thing looks like a revival of the horrible 90s, which killed my personal comics habit in the first place. They gave Liefeld a book?? Really?? That fact alone will make me stay away forever. Don't tell me to read these books. I won't. Seriously, I won't.

***

3 comments:

  1. yeah i was a 9 a month kind of guy until the reboot, now i'm down to 3 a month... maybe three a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, haven't you ever heard that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover? If you don't read the things, you'll never be able to confirm that, yes, most of the new books do indeed suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually had a sinking feeling in my stomach at the entire prospect of this DC reboot. Someone who's been reading them explained it's kind of a partial reboot... which IMO makes it kind of worse. Then you have to, once again, dig and wonder what's still canon, and what's not.

    Ah well. For the most part, I've just been following Batman, and it seems they've left that alone. I guess if it helps sales, it's a long term win for DC, but as a longtime fan, it doesn't make me all that happy.

    ReplyDelete