Monday, August 17, 2009

More from FetishCon - -

Here's George Perez! He's a fixture at FetishCon. He was a fan long before most people were, and he now hosts the Superheroine Showdown every year. The attendees always love it.
In this picture, George is holding a photo of himself from 1985. It's on the back of a magazine I brought with me. He signed it for me, along with a stack of old comics. George was just becoming a known name in comics when I started collecting back in the late 70s, so I have all these classic Perez comics. I brought some of his Logan's Run and Avengers stuff with me this year, knowing I'd see George again.

(I wanted to bring the Black Widow mini-series he illustrated for Marvel Fanfare, but I couldn't find it. Every time I look at his Black Widow stuff, I'm struck by how much it influenced my own work. Just that one little 4-part story from the early 80s, and I can see it in my work even today. Funny how that works.)

George graciously signed everything. If I'd had more, he would have signed it all! Sweet guy! When I told him I had designed the new FetishCon logo, he jumped up and pointed out how he'd used it in a series of drawings he did for last year's con. "We collaborated!" he yelled. LOL

New subject: Giantesses!
These girls from GiantessZone spent the weekend stomping buildings and cars.

Now here's some more people you should watch:
Orias Bastet - one of my faves! she was busy, hardly saw her
Jenni Czech - another experienced model I'd never met before (my bad!)
Zeek - a gorgeous newbie! Watch her!
Rosie White - local model, built like Jessica Rabbit!
Kitty-sama - a super-cute little black girl newbie (got no web site)
Cat Camp - she was painting bluejeans on girls' butts so well nobody noticed!
Lika Linei - for fans of the punk/big-girl/ballerina/amputee market!!!
Carla Thomas - Tampa bodybuilder & massage artist (got no link)

...and finally, some of my faves who couldn't be there this year:
Diana Knight
Dante Posh
Goddess Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment