Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Raven of Teen Titans —
This is my first 'Raven' commission! I took the opportunity to experiment with a new style. Fast, loose line work with pale watercolor backgrounds. I've never been good at backgrounds, and I've never really tackled the problem. I need to come up with a quick, sketchy way of accomplishing a 'suggested background' without spending weeks picking at it. I think this approach may be a good start.

Anyway, my Raven is pure old-school George Perez! The way she SHOULD be! And there's more than a little Diana Knight in there, too! (Hi, Diana!)


I want feedback on this!!!
***

1 comment:

  1. As I said in emails and your hA site, I love it! And the Perez style, and the background! I wasn't 100% if Raven had the right know-I-shouldn't-but-love-it-too-much-to-stop expression, but on closer examination, oh yes indeed it's there!

    And as I said in email, I will be commissioning you Perez style again....just a question of which one to do first.....

    ReplyDelete