Friday, January 1, 2010

SyFy whaa?? —
I haven't owned a TV or had cable in more than a year. Today, for the first time, I learned that the Sci-Fi Channel changed it's name to "SyFy" last summer. The only word that comes to mind is... GAY! I'm sorry, it's just GAY! What a godawful BAD idea! Anybody who saw my review of Avatar knows I take my science fiction seriously. The Sci-Fi Channel wasn't very serious about sci-fi, but holy christ! "SyFy" can only be an attempt to ditch any ACTUAL science fiction fans that happen to be left in favor of more generic-cable-crap. I hear they show wrestling on "SyFy" now. Jesus.

Okay, so that's my first post of 2010! Yay!

***

1 comment:

  1. Joe Straczynski had a few thousand choice words to share about serious science fiction and network television. Much of the stuff he said ten years ago mirrors your contempt for the intent of the people and institutions who run and flush the unlimited potential of media into the groun and down the toilet:

    http://web.mit.edu/m-i-t/articles/jms_index.html

    I can wait for Avatar to come to good ol' VHS. And, I've been gorging on LMH since this morning when I found your self-censored New-American Centurion image at DeviantART.

    ReplyDelete