Monday, April 28, 2014

As some of you know, I started talking this week about a relaunch of the Ultra Fem webcomic. This time around, I envision it as a free weekly strip, financed by a Patreon-style table of subscription levels, with associated perks.

The idea is to reduce my dependence on commission drawings so I can spend time on my backlog. For those who don't know, Patreon is a new variation on the Kickstarter concept that brings the ancient concept of "patronage" into the 21st century. A large pool of patrons, each pledging very small monthly amounts, can show support for their favorite artists and creators, providing a more stable income and allowing the artist to create at will. It's not quite a "subscription." More like an "ongoing Kickstarter."

I was planning to launch the strip in May, then open the patronage in June. But April has been a very bad month. I am far short of my rent, so I'm going to try opening the patronage now as I prepare the first installments of the strip.

I've already spoken with some of my regulars about it, and there appears to be a good level of support already.

You want to know more? Contact me!

*Lisa

***

No comments:

Post a Comment