Friday, June 10, 2011

You might want to tell me WHERE —
My biggest pet peeve about comics-related events. I can't tell you how many times I've seen notices about conventions, appearances, book signings, movie previews, blahblahblah, and I say to myself, "Oh neat! I'd like to see that!" and I look and I look and I can't for the life of me find one single mention of WHERE the damn thing is. By "where" I mean the CITY. Or even the STATE. Again and again I see these posters, fliers, tweets, emails, even ENTIRE WEB SITES with plenty of stuff about the convention center or the hotel BUT NOT ONE SOLITARY MENTION OF THE GODDAM CITY.

The number one piece of advice I have to give to everybody who is promoting an event: NAME THE DAMN CITY AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.

It doesn't matter what the date, the time or the address is IF I DON'T KNOW WHERE ON THE FUCKING PLANET IT IS.

The one piece of information I look for is THE CITY. If it's on the other side of the country, I CAN'T GO. The date is secondary. I look for THE CITY first and everything else comes after. YOU NEED TO TELL ME THE DAMN CITY BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW IT.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment