Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Pinnacle — 
And now for something completely different...

I hadn't planned on working on this guy for a while, but the inspiration came, so I did this sketch yesterday... It's The Pinnacle! In Ultra Fem's universe, he's the world's first and still-greatest superhero, yadda-yadda-yadda. Casual visitors to this site might get the idea that "The Ultra Fem Universe" is some kind of role-reversed, fem-dom fantasy world, but no. Ultra Fem is NOT "The Superman" of her world. There's a guy for that.

I first created him back in 2005 to fill the Superman role in Ultra's world, and to give her a male love interest. Or SEX interest, I should say. I wanted him to be obviously the world's-greatest-hero, but I didn't want him to look like Superman. I made him stouter, more mature, gave him a wrestling champion belt, and put that asshole mustache on him. You know what I mean!

The obvious model for The Pinnacle would seem to be Omni-Man from the Invincible series, but that's not what I was thinking when I created his look. Actually, I was thinking of every sleeze gymnastics coach I've ever seen! You KNOW they see themselves this way?? LOL

So, everything about this guy is designed to shout "arrogant prick." Even his name.

Actually, he's a good guy... the BEST guy, and he knows it. Ultra has a great deal of lust and affection for him, and vice versa, as you'll see when I (someday) get the series going.

2 comments:

  1. Of course, Ultra Fem is "the real hero". Even if she doesn't know it.

    Wow, UF knows what a sleazebag this guy is, and likes him anyway? She went up several notches in my estimation!

    And if he's not as blandly goody two shoes as the real Supes, so much the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought I was original putting a wrestling belt on a Superman type. Ah well, I'm happier about you doing it than Mark Millar. I really like the design you've done here.

    http://talisonpulido.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=72#/d2gz2us

    ReplyDelete