Sunday, May 16, 2010

'Iron Man 2' was GREAT! —
I normally don't like movies, especially comic book movies*, and most especially comic book movie SEQUELS. But this was a good movie! I'd read some lukewarm reviews and my friends told me it was badly written, and that's exactly what I expected, so I wasn't enthusiastic about seeing it. IM1 was great, and when they make a good movie, they pretty much always ruin the sequel, right? Not this time! This was a really good movie!

I thought it was quite well-written, too! What's everybody talking about?? The interaction between Tony Stark and Pepper Potts was tremendous! And the way Favreau (the director / Happy Hogan) had the conversations banging away a mile-a-minute, lines falling on top of one another, multiple conversations happening at once... I found it thrilling! Like live theater!

I don't know why people thought the plot was thin, either. The history of Iron Man / Tony Stark is all about his struggle to control his technology AND his addictions. Both of these movies have covered the subject well. What's the problem??

I liked it!

* Let me explain. I grew up reading comics, so I care about them. I would LOVE it if comic book movies were good, but they almost never are. That's why I don't like them. I'd LIKE to like them, but I can't.

***

1 comment:

  1. Hey, know this is an old post but totally had to agree. I and my friends knew that Stan Lee made a deal with Robert Downey's mom aaages ago to create him in order to be Tony Stark; i mean c'mon, that's no secret right? (Lmao).
    &IM1 just blew all us sceptics of comic & game adaptations away!
    2 just followed suit beautifully.....funny thing...the 2's in most of these adaptations always seem to be the best of the lot don't they?
    I knew that certainly held true for Blade 2 with Guillermo directing & spiderman 2 which i believe Alfred Molina portrayed a beautiful version of Doc.Ock. amidst the fact they captured the truth of Peter Parker's long suffering LIFE in that movie....
    & then the THREEs' come along......I still maintain that when spidey 3 was done, the director was high on crystal meth half the time & the other half?...well he was using vodka to wash the meth out of his system (Roflmao).
    Here's hoping the inevitable I.M.3 or Avengers holds to the standard I.M has set so far.
    Oh & btw, love the artwork; you're freaking fantastic for it

    ReplyDelete